Transvitaal-Forum

https://www.memotrip.nl/kijkaan/transvitaal
Osho: Ongeluk dieper dan geluk
Gepost door : Tia
Op: 02/04/2009 17:11
Celebrate Misery! (OshoTimes)
Osho: Yoga: The Alpha and the Omega, Vol. 4, #10

Even about misery you can take an attitude of celebration. For example: you are sad — don’t get identified with sadness. Become a witness and enjoy the moment of sadness, because sadness has its own beauties. You have never watched. You get so identified that you never penetrate the beauties of a sad moment. If you watch, you will be surprised at what treasures you have been missing.

Look — when you are happy you are never so deep as when you are sad.

Sadness has a depth to it; happiness has shallowness about it. Go and watch happy people. The so-called happy people, the playboys and playgirls — in clubs, in hotels you will find them, in theatres — are always smiling and bubbling with happiness. You will always find them shallow, superficial. They don’t have any depth. Happiness is like waves just on the surface; you live a shallow life. But sadness has a depth to it. When you are sad it is not like waves on the surface, it is like the very depth of the Pacific Ocean: miles and miles to it.

Move into the depth, watch it. Happiness is noisy; sadness has a silence to it. Happiness may be like the day, sadness is like the night. Happiness may be like the light, sadness is like darkness. Light comes and goes; darkness remains — it is eternal. Light happens sometimes; darkness is always there. If you move into sadness all these things will be felt. Suddenly you will become aware that sadness is there like an object, you are watching and witnessing, and suddenly you start feeling happy.

Such a beautiful sadness! — A flower of darkness, a flower of eternal depth.

Like an abyss without any bottom, so silent, so musical; there is no noise at all, no disturbance. One can go on falling and falling into it endlessly, and one can come out of it absolutely rejuvenated. It is a rest.

It depends on the attitude. When you become sad you think that something bad has happened to you. It is an interpretation that something bad has happened to you, and then you start trying to escape from it. You never meditate on it. Then you want to go to somebody: to a party, to the club, or put the T.V. on or the radio, or start reading the newspaper — something so that you can forget. This is a wrong attitude that has been given to you — that sadness is wrong. Nothing is wrong with it. It is another polarity in life.

Happiness is one pole, sadness is another. Blissfulness is one pole, misery is another. Life consists of both, and life is a ritual because of both. A life only of blissfulness will have extension, but will not have depth. A life of only sadness will have depth, but will not have extension. A life of both sadness and blissfulness is multi dimensional; it moves in all dimensions together. Watch the statue of Buddha or sometimes look into my eyes and you will find both together — a blissfulness, a peace, a sadness also. You will find a blissfulness which contains in it sadness also, because that sadness gives it depth. Watch Buddha’s statue — blissful, but still sad. The very word ‘sad’ gives you wrong connotations — that something is wrong. This is your interpretation.

To me, life in its totality is good. And when you understand life in its totality, only then can you celebrate; otherwise not. Celebration means: whatsoever happens is irrelevant — I will celebrate. Celebration is not conditional on certain things: “When I am happy then I will celebrate,” or, “When I am unhappy I will not celebrate.”

Celebration is unconditional; I celebrate life.

It brings unhappiness — good, I celebrate it. It brings happiness — good, I celebrate it. Celebration is my attitude, unconditional to what life brings.

But a problem arises because whenever I use words, those words have connotations in your mind. When I say ‘Celebrate’, you think one has to be happy. How can one celebrate when one is sad? I am not saying that one has to be happy to celebrate. Celebration is gratefulness for whatsoever life gives to you. Whatsoever existence gives to you, celebration is a gratitude; it is a gratefulness.
Osho.

To read more on this subject, go to:
http://www.osho.com/LinkTo.cfm?LinkId=23

| Terug naar Topics overzicht | | Plaats een reactie|

Gepost door: Wim Heins
Op: 05/04/2009 20:11
Hi Tia,
Eerst typeert Bhagwan hier geluk als oppervlakkige golven lawaaierig vermaak, en ongeluk als stilte met oceanische diepte (b.v. de tm-guru nam de oceaandiepte juist als symbool voor bliss) dus je hebt nooit zoveel verdieping als wanneer je ongelukkig bent.
Bovendien als je op dat ongeluk 'mediteert' dan wordt het een object waar je naar kijkt en opeens word je toch gelukkig (dit moet wel een ander geluk zijn dan die oppervlakkige afleiding).
Daarna draait de schrijver bij en benoemt geluk en ongeluk ineens als twee gelijkwaardige polen die bij elkaar horen, maar de diepte wordt er toch aan gegeven door het ongeluk.
Tenslotte getuigt hij van zijn eigen beleving dat hij onafhankelijk van geluk en ongeluk 'celebreert' en onvoorwaardelijk dankbaar is ook voor ongeluk.

Fijn voor hem nietwaar?
Het blissvolle Bewustzijn waar guru's altijd over spreken, in dit geval datgene van waaruit je dus volgens hem ongeluk dankbaar als object ervaart, is mij onbekend.

Geluk en ongeluk als gelijktijdige polen ken ik niet, zeker niet als geluk over het ervaren van ongeluk als object. Wel als polen die elkaar afwisselen. Vorig jaar was ik zo ongelukkig dat ik mijn portefeuille ergens liet slingeren op een grote foto-beurs. Dus daarna was ik nog ongelukkiger. Een hele lieve meid van de administratie belde me 's avonds op dat ik hem bij haar thuis kon ophalen. Daarna was ik een uur of twee heel opgelucht, een soort geluk (ze is ook zo lief me voortaan vrijkaartjes te geven).
Bewust naar een gevoel of emotie kijken kan ik trouwens heel goed, hoef ik niet high voor te zijn, maar dat heeft bij mij niets te maken met waarnemen vanuit "hoger bewustzijn" o.i.d., want dat ken ik niet.
Ik geloof ook niet dat geluk geen diepte kan krijgen want dat je daar ongeluk voor nodig zou hebben; wat een schampere kul.
Het eerste cynische stukje van zijn verhaal over ongeluk spreekt me persoonlijk echter wel aan, omdat dit in mijn leven heel herkenbaar is, maar daar bedoel ik niks spiritueels mee, alleen maar dat ik gefrustreerd ben.

Geluk en ongeluk zijn bij mij conditioneel. Ik geloof ook niet dat Bhagwans stuk daar een uitweg voor biedt. Hoewel origineel geschreven biedt het geen waarachtige troost of therapie.
Geluk hangt voor mij af van menselijke relaties. In het niet meer verbonden zijn met de ander, sta ik in de krochten tussen levensdrift en doodsdrift.
Ik vind ongeluk veel gegronder dan geluk, maar zie dat als een persoonlijk lot en niet als een spirituele visie in de zin van bovenstaand epistel.
Geluk zie ik als een wispelturig meisje dat in de wieg ligt om dood te gaan, maar ongeluk is een dikke luie jongen met varkensoogjes, die eindeloos de tijd heeft om te treiteren.
Ongeluk ligt aan mijn basis vanwege de volgende conditie: ik ben een baby die volkomen onvoorspelbaar is overgeleverd aan het al of niet aanwezig zijn van een voedende tiet. En die daarom besluit niet te willen leven. Er is wel een even grote levensdrift, maar wegens frustratie is de doodsdrift de baas. Niettemin maak ik er wat van terwijl ik hier mijn tijd uitzit, omdat dit me afleidt van de pijn van het ongeluk. Ik ben een taaie.

Waarom spreekt Bhagwans tekst je aan of waarom beveel je hem aan en hoe is het bij jou?
Wim H.

| Terug naar Topics overzicht | | Plaats een reactie|
Out of range value for column 'id_b' at row 1